vendredi 3 janvier 2014

Read Classics or die?

   Ok, here's a thing I think is weird about reading. I personnally love to read. I can read anything from the very cheap romantic novel to the classical and reknown book recommended in schools. To me it's always a new world and a new point of view to discover and that's what I love. So why to have to choose?

The Love of reading


  So my believe is that if you have that love of the books, that humility to listen what others can have to say, then everything will be easier. Learning, studying can then be much funnier that it seems, can't it be? So I think it's really worth know about that love of reading. 

From zero to plenty!


  So I tried to pass thit on to my little sister who used not to read much because she was quite a slow reader and was afraid of what seemed at first too complicated for her. I made a very short list of 6 very easy (and cheesy) books and, wonderfully, she agreed to read them all! The day she finally finished the list, I was so pround of her!

  I made then another list with an alternation of easy and more complicated books. I was afraid that she wouldn't made it and would give it up. But she made it again!! So now we keep doing that and, even if sometimes I give her more difficult novels, I'm already very glad that she likes to read.

The big pressure


    But my father doesn't approuve when she reads "cheap" stories and is beginning to put pressure on her to try "classical" ones. I don't like that at all! Because, to me, that's obvious that one day she'll love to read these latests. The idea that she has to do it now because there are must-read is highly repulsive.

  Classical books are great because we can maybe have special and awesome pleasure with them, not because they give us the privilege to show off in front of others. I prefer that she reads chicklit rather that nothing.

*

  So yeah here's my conception about reading :). There's no choice to make between "levels" of culture, we can love them all. What do you think? Did you already love historical stories? I was so in love with the Sisterhood and the Travelling Pants, didn't you too? :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire